7.28.2006

Sincerest apologies & Ann Coulter

First off, I apologize both to anyone who comes here, and to myself. In the last two months, I have failed to efficiently utilize my summertime by blogging and reading, infact, I have barely even picked up the paper. This is indeed a failure on my part. Actually, I have felt fairly politically apathetic recently. Not in the sense that I don't think the same things I used to, but I didn't really feel like using any of my energy to try and educate myself and stay on top of current events at all, I left that to the QM. But the times they are a changin'.

I just got back from what can only be described as a spiritual awakening. A Street Dogs concert. Actually, that was last night, and while that was the most fun thing I've done this summer, this afternoon's event was also excellent, though in a very different way. I got to hear Ann Coulter speak at a Q&A session and book-signing. Many folks, liberals, and even some "conservatives," can't stand the woman. She's a witch! Burn her! She turned me into a newt! You get the idea. They find her outrageous, offensive, bitchy, etc, etc whine whine. What many people can't handle is actually her lightheartedness. She's really quite funny. And when she's speaking you can really tell that while she is serious about what she's discussing, there's a very jocular element to her presentations. She's funny, gracious, and by golly, she is as smart as a whip(smarting, at times as well). But I really think that if liberals would pull the beanpoles out of their buttocks, they might relax, and enjoy. Not agree, but at least loosen up a little and look at what she's really saying. They might learn something.

Here are some amusing Coulter-isms you may enjoy:

"I prefer my opposition not to be retarded."
"We must enter their temples and destroy them." (referring to public schools)
"'If the world hates you, remember they hated me first'....that's Christ, not me speaking."(in response to an aspiring Christian journalist asking advice)

I found her to be highly entertaining, and she brought up some great points which I'll discuss later. Oh, and I'll get the site banner back up, at long last.

Also, I got two copies of her new book signed. Hell yeah.

Peace,
The Talent

4 Comments:

  • Well people have called me a liberal but i'm a closet Coulter fan. I like to play her schoolyar dissing game. She has her linguistic chess game well setup ... if you react to her distortions, you are whining ... if you come to grips with the hard problems of today, you are just a Bush basher, a traitor, and a heathan. I like to try to get out of her linguistic binds. It's fun. The problem is that there are apparently millions of American Archie Bunker types that do not grok her lingistic tricks. They think she is on the level. They even think she utters truth with a capital T. If you have the courage to listen to how linguist Geoff Nunberg analizes her game, you might hear her in a different light. Btw, if you are really interested in delving into the science of the Cambrian era, i will be glad to do it with you.

    By Anonymous Seth Russell, at 11:38 AM  

  • I guess if you find psycho, Christo=fascist, skank, hate-spewing hypocrites AMUSING, you probably like her. Enjoy the book. But you might consider fact=checking statements from, oh, any random page. Because in addition to all of the above, she is a liar who holds her loving audience in contempt.


    "My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism." - MSNBC February 8, 1997.

    "To The People Of Islam: Just think: If we'd invaded your countries, killed your leaders and converted you to Christianity YOU'D ALL BE OPENING CHRISTMAS PRESENTS RIGHT ABOUT NOW! Merry Christmas." - http://www.anncoulter.com/ (since removed) December 22-December 29, 2004.


    "I think [women] should be armed but should not [be allowed to] vote...women have no capacity to understand how money is earned. They have a lot of ideas on how to spend it...it's always more money on education, more money on child care, more money on day care." - Politically Incorrect, February 26, 2001.

    "It would be a much better country if women did not vote. That is simply a fact. In fact, in every presidential election since 1950 - except Goldwater in '64 - the Republican would have won, if only the men had voted." - [7] May 17, 2003.

    "My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building." - in a New York Observer interview August 26, 2002.

    On saying the previous quote:

    "Of course I regret it. I should have added 'after everyone had left the building except the editors and the reporters.'" - in a rightwingnews.com interview June 26, 2003.

    "When contemplating college liberals, you really regret once again that John Walker is not getting the death penalty. We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors." - at the Conservative Political Action Conference February 26, 2002.

    "We know who the homicidal maniacs are. They are the ones cheering and dancing right now. We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war." - from her syndicated column September 13, 2001

    God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it! It's yours." - Fox News, Hannity & Colmes, June 20, 2001.

    "I think we had enough laws about the turn-of-the-century. We don't need any more." Asked how far back would she go to repeal laws, she replied, "Well, before the New Deal...[The Emancipation Proclamation] would be a good start." - Politically Incorrect May 7, 1997

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:02 AM  

  • agree with anonymous, but would like to add that Coulter has been caught plagurizing over and over and over again and cannot possibly be taken seriously as an author or journalist if she can't even be bothered to write her own stuff.


    and she has an adam's apple.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:27 PM  

  • I agree with both anonymous posts and would also like to say that anyone who could tell the grieving widows of 9/11 that they are glad their husbands are dead becuase it made them famous is not funny. shes a hatefull bitch and I cannot see how anyone could find her "amusing."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home