2.22.2006

What If...

Here's a little mental exercise: What if I said I was going to burn the Koran? As in go out, buy a copy of the book, and set fire to it deliberately?

Here's what i predict:
1. I would receive immediate threats of murder, rape, beheading, arson, and other standard barbarian tactics encompassing my entire family.

2. Far more importantly, almost everyone (I think) would say that I shouldn't do it because I would cause violence and destruction. Not the murder-worshipping fanatics who actually commit evil deeds, but the man exercising his inherent freedoms. They would say that it's a bad idea because I would be at risk from lunatics. And to me, that's the scary part. Not the lunatics, but the idea that people who don't respect my freedoms will punish me for exercising them, and that's just the way it goes.

To me, the belief that complete strangers from a foreign land with an alien values system can dictate my way of life sounds like something we thought we had expelled from our country years ago. Tyranny. Becuase that's what this entire current situation is in a nutshell. TYRANNY. Not the old-fashioned kind with a king in a goofy wig taxing us, but the kind where no-one can exercise their rights for fear of death. Yes, death. Look at what Muslim sociopaths did to the late Theo Van Gogh. It's an ideological tyranny that surpresses anyone or anything it deems hostile. That's why I will support anyone willing to stand up to these bastards. Because by all the false gods, I'm afraid to.

I wish I wasn't. I wish i could say I'd stand up to the animals who enforce this barbaric ideology like a modern day Patrick Henry, but I'd be afraid for my family and friends. Screw the war on terror. This should be our focus. Their war on our freedom.

-Ideaman

4 Comments:

  • Amen! The Liberals and others are saying that the Danes shouldn't have published the cartoons, knowing it would cause violence. What?? So I guess we should just give America to the Muslims so there won't be more violent terrorist attacks.

    By Blogger Rebekah, at 3:01 PM  

  • No doubt you're already aware, but just in case not, I recommend Sam Harris's "The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason" as well as Daniel Dennett's "Breaking the Spell: Religion as a Natural Phenomenon". -ab

    By Anonymous amosbray, at 6:20 PM  

  • Thanks man, Ill check it out. Big ups.

    By Blogger The Triumvirate, at 3:27 PM  

  • This whole situation could be cured by turning that whole area to glass. Just sayin'...

    By Blogger The Anti-Hippie, at 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home